On longing

"The body is the primary mode of perceiving scale."

I chose this image of my friend and her dog both wearing shirts I designed. The fact that she is also wearing a white t-shirt to compare to the dogs mini shirt makes it look huge even though it is regular sized. 


"The souvenir reduces the public, the monumental, and the three-dimensional, into the miniature that which can be enveloped by the body."

I played guitar for 7 years when I was a kid. When I eventually lost interest I started to like to convenience of the ukelele over the guitar, I could play all of the same songs but on a smaller, more portable instrument. 

"To have souvenir of the exotic is to possess both a specimen and a trophy."

I consider this tattoo an "exotic specimen", this is a tattoo I designed for one of my friends, however it was extremely impulsive and improvisational. He has a prickly plant that he likes and he wanted to represent it somehow, so I quickly doodled this prickly flower design, and he used the small pencil scribble for the actual reference, in total this tattoo took 3 minutes to design, and now he has his little exotic memento forever. 


"Nostalgia cannot be sustained without loss."

This is a picture of me with mac miller, one of my favorite musicians ever. He tragically passed away a few months ago due to a drug overdose, which makes this picture much more important to me. Whenever someone famous dies that you like, your first thought is how you would've liked to meet them, since I actually got to chat with him for a minute that made his loss much harder, but the quick moment I got to share with him much more special. 

"The place of origin must remain unavailable in order for desire to be generated."
This photo was from my first time in Laguna Beach and it was so beautiful I never wanted to leave . I had never been to a place like that, and I rarely travel that far. I saw these huge inanely expensive houses all along the beach,  it's intangibility made it even prettier.

Comments

Popular Posts