Memento Project

Memento: 3in x 2in x 3 in
Materials: wood glue, yarn, LED light. 
In process Photos:



 Once the yarn was dry I I added the two red and blue LED lights through the top of the bell shape to fit in the concept of police lights with the bell shape to represent taco bell .

Artist statement: My memory for this project was the time I was in LA for an art job at Taco Bell corporate. I finished my paintings early on the first day I was there and a Taco Bell employee named Cody offered to show me around the area. While we were in Laguna Beach driving around, we saw police lights flash behind us all of the sudden. I didn't think anything bad was going to happen, I was just expecting a ticket or a slap on the wrist, however, after 45 minutes of arguing with cops Cody found himself hand cuffed on the side of the road, and I never heard from him again.

I wanted to construct the bell shape out of yarn or some other soft material, but still have it be stiff. So I used the wood glue to harden it into shape. This memory isn't necessarily a bad memory, however, I feel like it would be morally wrong somehow to call it a good memory. So I wanted this piece to be soft and inviting but still have some harshness to it. 

3 pieces of research:



Comments

Popular Posts